Saturday, September 08, 2007

We have exciting NEWS!


Dear Family and Friends,

Yes, you’ve probably guessed right that our exciting news is that our second baby is on the way! I am 11 weeks along in the pregnancy, and the due date is the first day of April, in time for spring – new life and birth! The moment we found out, we were very uncertain that I was pregnant because the home test showed a strong vertical line but a weak, almost invisible horizontal line. We also were worried that it might be a tubal pregnancy after my abdominal surgery ordeal. Thankfully, my doctor accepted an appointment right away and I got a very early ultrasound test that clearly showed the baby in the right place in the uterus. All results showed that I’m having a normal, healthy pregnancy. That was exactly what we needed to learn before we could begin celebrating! We’re thrilled Caleb will be having a baby sibling with whom he could play and adore, after seeing his latest obsession with babies. To help prepare him for his sibling, we tell him about the baby sleeping in my belly. We even ask him to kiss the “baby” too when he kisses Mom and Dad good night, and he does kiss my belly without being told where to do so! We will find out the sex of the baby in October and have no preference for a boy or a girl. A boy would be easier, with all our hand-me-downs, our experience, and Caleb has been such a joy, we wouldn’t mind another one. A girl would be different, and we have no idea what kind of joy lies ahead. I myself would love having a daughter, enjoying the bond I have with my mom. Either way, we’re very excited to await this new addition to our family!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erika, Niel and Caleb!

What wonderful news! I'm very, very happy for you all. I'm not sure how "old" your "news" is, but I just happened to see the link to your site and decided to check it out. I'm sure happy I did, now!

See you around CSDR!

~Lucy

K8es said...

Such a nice announcement :-). Congrats to the 3 (soon to be 4) of you!!! We look forward to keeping up with your second pregnancy via this blog

Hugs

Katie, Kevin and Liam

Anonymous said...

Hi! I came across Niel's page on facebook so decided to check out your website. Congratulations on your pregnancy! Erika, big hello from me! Been quite a long time. Would love to be in touch with you again. :) Very nice website and you got a darling family. :)

Hugs!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I am finally catching up with your old news. I would like to have a baby girl first then a boy.. I noticed most of the mother to be prefer to have a boy first then a girl. So a sister cld have an older brother to look over her. Which is true. I wish I had an older brother. Before me was miscarriage, and I was not expected to be in mom's belly. She wasn't expecting me to come in the world, but she accepted me anyways I am glad that I am still here today. =) I so can't wait to give my future kids a lot of love when i first have one of my own. I know it is not a very easy job. I have been there as 24/7 babysitting one new born and 2 year old boy.. =)